Updated and effective as of Nov 22, 2018.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
IntermKeto collects “Personal Information” which is information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you as specific person (for example, first and last name, mailing address and email address), and other information, some of which we collect automatically when you visit the Platform.
We collect information about you during the signup process as well as some basic activities such as the dates you make purchases, login to the site, or cancel/pause/resume your subscriptions with us.
We and our third-party service providers may collect a “Device Identifier” associated with the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Platform (for example, an IP address). These Device Identifiers are considered Personal Information for users. We, and our third-party service providers, use Device Identifier information solely to support internal operations, including operating Platform features.
The Platform may collect visitors name and contact information (typically e-mail address) solely for any of the following purposes:
- To answer a question submitted through the Platform;
- For the sole purpose of: protecting the security or integrity of the Platform; taking precautions against liability; responding to judicial process; or providing information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety;
- Create your membership account;
- To provide members only content to subscribers;
- Send you information about your account and subscriptions. This may include payment receipts, password reset emails, payment reminders and other membership related emails;
- To personalize Platform experience and target content based on data provided;
- To show members their historical information entered by them using the Platform;
- To process transactions and provide our products and services;
- To provide information, products, or services that we believe will interest you or you have agreed to receive, including special offers from us and other companies;
- To contact you regarding your account, our policies or your use of the Platform;
- To improve our products and services and for our internal business purposes; and
When you use the Platform, we (and our third-party service providers) may automatically or passively collect certain “Usage Information,” such as the browser and operating system you are using, information on how you arrived at the Platform, and all of the areas within our Platform that you visit. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Platform and our products and services.
When visitors leave comments and or posts on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you select to use the contact form, only personal information required is for sole purpose of identifying you and to contact you through your e-mail or phone to answer your question. Any information you share will be used solely to answer your question(s) and make recommendations for products or services that we may or may not offer. We do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, site Owner/Administrators can access:
- Order information such as your membership subscriptions, payment dates and amounts, measurements and username / email address.
Any additional information added in your Member Profile can also be visible to the Administrator(s).
Sharing Collected Information
We share information with third parties who help us provide additional services and/or operation functions for IntermKeto and/or to you; for example – Google Analytics (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en) to analyze visitors and key metrics on our sites and MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/) to help with email services to contact you.
– Other Third Party Service Providers. In addition to those third-party service providers described above, we may provide information collected from users of the Platform to other service providers so that they can perform services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, addressing customer service inquiries, and sending email or other communications. In some instances, you may provide your Personal Information directly to an identified third party through a widget or other third party-hosted feature on the Platform, such as when providing payment information during the subscription process.
– Administrative or Legal Reasons. We may also disclose information to third parties: (i) where, in our opinion, such disclosure is required by law (including to respond to a subpoena); (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; or (iii) to protect and/or defend policies applicable to the Platform or to protect ourselves or any other individual or entity.
– Business Transfers. We may also disclose information, including Personal Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Platform or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy, the sale of any IntermKeto ownership interest or asset, or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
IntermKeto works with advertising companies, analytics providers, and other service providers to provide us with information regarding Platform traffic, and to serve our advertisements elsewhere online. Our service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device. They may collect or we may give them access to your Device Identifier and Usage Information, provided that your Device Identifier will be used only to support internal operations.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile, measurement tracking and any other data entered in members area. Members data and related metadata are retained indefinitely. We retain your user related history so we can recognize when you, once you return to the Platform in future. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username and measurements history). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Are there third-party links on the platform?
Certain content on the Platform may be hosted and served by third parties. In addition, the Platform may contain links to third-party web sites that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy or data collection practices of any third party.
Will my information transfer to the United States?
If you do not live in the United States, know that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platform, you consent to the collection, transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
What Steps does IntermKeto take to secure my personal information?
IntermKeto takes reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information collected from Platform users. We also take reasonable steps to release users Personal Information, if any, only to service providers and third parties who are capable of and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of that information.
How do I contact IntermKeto?
Email: support (at) intermketo (dot) com
INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
IntermKeto.com, L.L.C. is the data controller for processing of information defined as personal data under applicable data protection law (“Personal Data”).
Legal Basis for data processing
EU data subject rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for individual data subjects (“EU Data Subject Rights”). You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of our services. These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the rights to access or rectify Personal Data, object to or restrict further processing, or request the erasure of Personal Data or, where feasible, to have it moved to a new service provider (“data portability”). You must be 16 years or older to make a request or else have your parent contact us on your behalf.
Normally, we can respond to requests for access within 48 hours. If we cannot honor your request concerning Data Subject Rights within 30 days, we will inform you and provide an explanation. When technically feasible, at your request, we will provide your Personal Data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
If you have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us and informing us of unresolved privacy concerns, you have the right to contact the relevant national data protection supervisory authority and lodge a complaint.
For all EU Data Subject Rights requests, please contact us at [email protected] You must put the statement “Your EU Data Subject Rights” in the subject field of your request and include in the request the name of the Services with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your contact information.